Hotel and Website Accessibilitydate: 12/27/2022 At The Kahler Grand Hotel, we make sure every guest enjoys a comfortable, safe, and seamless experience. We offer hotel and website accessibility features so that each guest can experience the best of what we offer. Please feel free to look at the details below to see how we can meet your needs. If you have questions, call us at 507-280-6200 or email us at [email protected].
Hotel Accessibility Features
- Fire alarms for audio & visually impaired
- Accessible entrance to hotel
- Accessible doorways to all public areas
- Accessible self-parking
- Accessible valet parking
- Service animals accepted
- Alternative or large lettering on public area signage
- Accessible path to check-in
- Accessible path to guest rooms
- Accessible path to public spaces
- Accessible elevator access
- Accessible public bathroom
- Accessible lift for pool
- Accessible path to maneuver in fitness center
- Accessible business center desks
- Accessible tables in dining space
Accessible Guest Rooms Feature
- Total of 24 accessible rooms
- No hearing and visual accessibility kits for guest rooms available at check-in
- No telephone ring signaler
- No bed shaker
- No telephone in-line amplifier
- No visual door knock alert
- Visual strobe fire & smoke detector
- Audible fire & smoke detector
- No grab bars at the bed
- Grab bars at the toilet
- No accessible lavatory controls
- No handheld spray unit in shower and/or tub
- Shower seats available
- Door & lock system: lever
- No alternative text room placard
The Kahler Grand Hotel
At The Kahler Grand Hotel we are committed to providing an excellent online experience for all our guests - including those with hearing, vision, and other disabilities. To ensure this, The Kahler Grand Hotel strives to substantially conform with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 . Our website is designed, developed, and maintained in accordance with these guidelines, including regular testing. If you have any difficulty, questions, or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility of our website, please contact us at [email protected] or 507-280-6200. Subsequent reports were run on: 06/01/2023; 05/01/2023; 04/03/2023; 03/01/2023; 02/10/2023; 02/04/2023; 01/02/2023; 12/28/2022; 12/27/2022
Browser HelpOptimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage: Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Website Accessibility FeaturesThis website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Navigation ShortcutsOur website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic MarkupHTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.thekahlerhotel.com/site-map
Images VisibilityAll content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
Standards ComplianceThe site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and ServicesThe following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.